Healthy, delicious meals on your Charter North Camping Tour
Healthy lifestyles and great food experiences have become a priority for many people. When looking for a suitable Northern Australian camping tour, one of the things you are probably wondering is: “What food will be served while on tour?”.
Many of our tour guests still associate camping with sausages, bread & baked beans, once a typical Aussie camping cook up. Just as well we have all moved on from that! You can be assured that this certainly won’t be the case on any Charter North Tour! At Charter North 4WD Safaris we know how important healthy & tasty food experiences have become for many travellers, and just because you are choosing a camping trip does not mean that you cannot enjoy this important part of any holiday! Our tour guides create delicious & diverse meals that will enhance your tour experience and provide a healthy balanced diet for the duration of your tour. Our meals are freshly prepared and incorporate all food groups at breakfast, lunch & dinner. In between meals, we provide a variety of snacks to top up energy levels during our activity packed tour days. Ample cool storage space in our purpose built tour trailers allows us to carry sufficient fresh vegetables & fruits along with all other ingredients for our wholesome tour meals. All of our guides are great camp fire cooks, and you will be surprised at the variety of meals they can prepare for you. We also cater for a range of diets (vegetarian, vegan etc.).
We care about your health & well- being, and that of the environment
As a small, low volume operator, we strive to provide a superior tour service, this also includes the food we provide. We use fresh natural ingredients, and minimise the use of processed foods. By avoiding processed foods, we also reduce packaging and unnecessary waste. We strive to cater in the most sustainable and environmentally friendly way possible on the types of tours we operate. In everything we do, we minimise our impact on the environment; this reflects in our catering too, therefore we do not use any disposable cutlery, crockery etc. and only use reusable containers for food storage. As there are mostly no recycling facilities in the remote locations we visit, we remove any recyclable packaging pre-tour where recycling is available.
Our Tour Meals
To give you an idea of the types of meals we provide on our camping tours, we have listed some examples below:
- Freshly brewed Espresso coffee/ selection of teas, juices
- Cereal including our popular Muesli mix
- Full cream milk & Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Toast and spreads- butter, jam, honey, vegemite, PB
- Cooked breakfasts with bacon, eggs or even pancakes some mornings
- Wholemeal bread rolls, bread & wraps
- Deli meats and sliced cheese
- Fresh Alfalfa sprouts or lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, avocado
- Corn, beetroot, tuna
- Salad with feta cheese and olives, grilled fish & potatoes
- Vegetable stir fry with chicken breast, sliced beef or tofu & rice
- Porterhouse steaks with camp oven baked veggies
- Home made tomato based pasta sauce, pasta & parmesan
- Fried rice with vegetables and meat or tofu
- Our secret recipe signature tuna pasta dish
Please let us know about any dietary restrictions and preferences and we will do our best to accommodate them. We are looking forward to catering for you on tour!